7 Powerful Skincare Ingredients That Come From Trees
Having existed for eons, trees are embedded with the secrets of nature, which embodies life and health. The rainforest, in particular, is home to some of the world's most potent healing plants. For centuries, indigenous people have used these plants to treat a wide range of conditions, from skin problems to serious illnesses. Ancient cultures also relied on trees to treat serious illnesses.
Seven Examples of Skincare Ingredients Sourced from Trees
- The sap from the Frankincense tree has been known to reduce inflammation, treat acne, and soothe pain. Frankincense contains compounds called terpenes, which are believed to be responsible for its healing properties. Some of the most beneficial terpenes include boswellic acid, alpha-pinene, and limonene. These molecules work together to reduce inflammation, fight bacteria, and promote healing.
- The sap from the cedar tree is a popular remedy for skin problems. It is applied topically to treat eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions.
- The leaves of the neem tree are also popular for skincare remedies. They are used to treat acne, sunburns, and other skin problems.
- Another popular tree for skincare is the eucalyptus tree. Both the steam from its leaves and the oil expressed from its leaves can be used to treat eczema, acne, and other skin conditions. The molecules in eucalyptus that are thought to help with skin are called eucalyptol and eucalyptus oil. These molecules have been shown to have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The bark of the willow tree is often used to reduce inflammation and pain in arthritis sufferers. Interesting fact, aspirin is derived from the willow bark tree.
- A popular rainforest healing plant is Camu Camu. This small fruit is packed with vitamin C, making it an excellent natural remedy for skin conditions like acne and eczema, and a healing plant for colds and flu. The Camu Camu is just one of many rainforest miracle cures that can help you look and feel your best. You can find Camu Camu in our "Gaia" Rainforest Retinol Serum.
- Mushrooms that grow in old growth forests seem to have a certain magic about them, and that magic has been used for centuries in skincare. The Snow Mushroom and Reishi are known for their moisture-retaining properties. Shiitake mushrooms are also known for their anti-aging properties. These mushrooms contain compounds that can help protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals.
When used in skincare products, mushrooms keep your skin hydrated, youthful, and radiant. You can find an abundant blend of mushrooms in our Snow Mushroom Serum called, “Enchanted” formulated for collagen boosting, plumping, and moisture.
The importance of forests for health cannot be understated. Not only do they provide natural healing remedies, but trees also clean our air, filter our water, and serve as the foundation of healthy ecosystems. We owe our health and well-being to these ancient trees. By protecting forests, we are not only preserving a vital resource, but also safeguarding the future of our planet. Let’s take this chance to give back to nature by protecting and restoring our precious forests.
Beyond skincare, forests also provide us with countless benefits for health and well-being. Studies show that even a few minutes of walking in nature can reduce stress levels and improve our physical and mental health. The fresh air, calming sounds, and connection to nature are all essential ingredients for leading a balanced life.
Leave a comment